|V G B ACT
Facts & Information
|V G B ACT
|Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act (VGB Act)
Is your swimming pool facility compliant to Federally Mandated Ruling entitled the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act?
* The VGB Act was signed into Federal Law December 19, 2007
* Public pools and spas that are NOT in compliance by December 19, 2008, may NOT open for public use until compliant
* Fines can be in the MILLIONS !!!!
The VGB Act contains three federally enforced mandates:
1. All drain covers (public and residential) manufactured, imported, distributed, or offered into commerce must comply with the new ASME/ANSI A112.19.8 2007 standard.
2. All public pools and spas (new and existing) must be retrofitted with covers that meet the new ASME/ANSI A112.19.8 2007 standard, or qualified Field Fabricated Outlets may be certified by a Registered Design Professional, as stipulated in the ASME standard.
3. All public pools and spas that have a single drain other than an unblockable drain must employ one or more additional outlets.